Thursday, May 18, 2006

'and then God showed up.'

currently reading: Velvet Elvis by Rob Bell

A million times. It must be at least that many.

I've heard that God showed up. And it's been good. Every time I've heard it, it's meant that it was good. But it's misleading, and I'm feeling like we've missed it with every passing 'God showed up and it was so good' comment.

Every Sunday is when I get motivated to do more work on DayBreak, and the need seems more prevalent, and to some it might seem that the reason we would work toward a different approach is because we don't feel like God is showing up, and I want to squash that bug. In no way do I feel that God is not showing up.

God is always present.

Eventually, we're going to show up.

I don't mean bodies in seats, I mean hearts in surrender.

How's it going to be? I don't know, but I think that God will finally get stoked on us when we decide to show up and serve him, rather than be served by a church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home