Monday, January 09, 2006

YHVH - ineffable

i cannot find an utterance great enough for the simplicity of what God's heart is for.

everyone; not enough.

everything; not enough.

absolutely everything; not enough.

absolutely positively every single thing, even the dirtiest of the dirty; not enough.


but...

all of You
is more than enough for all of me
for every thirst and every need
You satisfy me with Your love
and all I have in You is more than enough

most of the time, in my struggle to find words that articulate some attribute that I can pin on God, I find that nothing works, and my acceptance of his love for me is more than I can handle, and I, being the humble lyricist that I strive to be, can't hold a match to Him, so just soak up the goodness that Chris Tomlin wrote in Enough, and accept the fact that ineffable will always be the case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home